Jordan Nahmias is a lawyer and registered trademark agent whose practice focuses on media and entertainment and corporate matters, with clients ranging from small businesses, web/tech start-ups and independent app developers to large-scale producers, video game developers and publishers, talent, writers and musicians.
Jordan’s experience has provided him with insight and working knowledge in all areas of corporate and commercial law, and a view into the mechanics of business-related legal matters, as well as an understanding of the level of service a client deserves. His involvement in the world of media and entertainment led him to develop a legal practice uniquely situated to provide experienced expertise to advise those in the world of film, television and new media.
Jordan also serves in a variety of other capacities, notably as a co-founder and director of Open Roof Films Entertainment, a not-for-profit organization specializing in showcasing Canadian and International independent music and film through the Open Roof Festival in Toronto. Jordan also sits on the executive of the Ontario Bar Association Entertainment and Media Division. His other contributions include involvement with various charitable and community organizations involved in the health, arts and media sectors.
• Juris Doctor, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
• Bachelor of Arts (Honors), University of Western Ontario
• Open Roof Films Entertainment Inc./Open Roof Festival - Director and Co-Founder
• OBA Entertainment, Media and Communications Section - Executive Member
• Leadership Sinai - Board Member
• Law Society of Upper Canada
• Canadian Bar Association
• Ontario Bar Association
• Interactive Ontario
• International Game Developers Association
• Gallery 44 Centre for Contemporary Photography
• UJA Entertainment and Media Division - Executive Member and Young Division Co-Chair
• JUMP -- Advisory Board Member
• CARFAC Ontario - Board Member
• Future Sinai - Board Member
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
• 2013 Playback 10 to Watch Award
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
• "The Format License" , January 24, 2014, Communiqué - The CBA National Entertainment, Media and Communications Law Section Newsletter
OTHER LAWYER PROFILES