416-920-3849 extension 102
Recognized as one of Canada's leading entertainment lawyers by:
LON J. HALL
Lon has been practicing law in Toronto since 1982. Originally a securities and corporate-commercial lawyer, he began working exclusively in the entertainment industries in 1986 with Peter Steinmetz & Associates.
From 1987-1992, Lon worked at Atlantis Films (predecessor of Alliance Atlantis Entertainment) as Vice-President, Business Affairs where he initiated and headed up the business & legal affairs department.
At the end of 1992, Lon left Atlantis to start what is now known as Hall Webber LLP: a law firm dedicated to entertainment law.
Lon practices primarily in the areas of production, distribution, talent, financing and business transactions, as well as errors & omissions, on behalf of corporate and individual clients in the film, television and digital media sectors.
In addition to his legal practice, Lon acts as an Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) Arbitrator; and has executive produced the television series Pet Project (life network, Canada; Animal Planet, USA) the Gemini Award-winning The Surreal Gourmet (Food Network, Canada and USA), Crash My Kitchen (Food Network, Canada) and Tooned! (Teletropolis, Canada).
• Ontario Bar Admission, 1982
• LL.B., Windsor Law School, 1980
• Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Ontario, 1977
AFFILIATIONS & DESIGNATIONS
• Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) Arbitrator
• Member of Law Society of Upper Canada
• Member of the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television
• Executive Producer - Pet Project, The Surreal Gourmet, Crash My Kitchen, and Tooned!
• Board of Directors, Moving Beyond Prejudice
• Board of Directors , Variety-The Children's Charity (Ontario)
• Director & Chairman of the Industrial Relations Committee for the Canadian Film & Television Production Association (CFTPA)
OTHER LAWYER PROFILES